Michael S. Burke
San Francisco injury attorney Michael S. Burke is the Managing Partner at Vogl Meredith Burke LLP in San Francisco, with more than 27 years experience in the area of civil litigation emphasizing employment, construction injury, products, commercial and general liability cases. Mr. Burke’s employment practice includes the counseling of employers in their policies and practices. Mr. Burke has been selected for inclusion in the Northern California Super Lawyers List (only 5% of lawyers are chosen). Mr. Burke also sits on the Board of Directors for the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California & Nevada. Mr. Burke acts as a court appointed arbitrator, settlement conference panelist, and as an independent mediator. Mr. Burke is the Editor in Chief of the California Commercial Digest, a publication that reports on new law and legal trends in California.
- Mr. Burke has tried civil cases to verdict in various California Superior Courts.
- Mr. Burke has successfully arbitrated and mediated hundreds of cases in State and Federal Courts.
- Mr. Burke has successfully petitioned and argued before California’s First, Third and Fourth Appellate District Courts of Appeal.
- Mr. Burke’s employment law practice emphasizes the representation of employers in litigated matters in state court and before various state and federal administrative agencies.
- Mr. Burke’s general liability practice includes the defense of catastrophic personal injury cases, including claims for wrongful death, quadriplegia, paraplegia, and traumatic brain injury.
- Mr. Burke represents various product manufacturers and suppliers in the stream of commerce against product liability claims.
- Mr. Burke represents both general contractors and subcontractors in cases involving claims of construction defect.
- University of California at San Diego (BA 1987)
- University of San Diego (JD 1990)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Northern California Super Lawyers List
- Board of Directors Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- State Bar Conference of Delegates (1994 1995)
- Barrister, American Inns of Court, William B. Enright Chapter (1995, 1997)
- Court Appointed Arbitrator Marin County Superior Court
- Early Settlement Program panelist San Francisco Superior Court
- Graduate, San Diego Inn of Court, College of Trial Advocacy
- Editor in Chief, California Commercial Digest.