Mark D. Fenske
Mark D. Fenske has over 20 years of litigation and trial experience in both state and federal courts representing clients in a wide array of civil actions including: product and premises liability, toxic tort claims, commercial contract claims, partnership disputes, insurance coverage and bad faith claims, maritime personal injury and wrongful death claims, legal and medical malpractice actions, and construction defect cases.
- Represented manufacturers in defense of product liability actions involving automobile components, baby and juvenile products, and household appliances, tools and furniture.
- Represented commercial and retail property owners in defense of premises liability and false imprisonment lawsuits.
- Coordinated and defended all California asbestos personal injury/wrongful death lawsuits for commercial property owner and merchant shipping company.
- Successfully argued cases before California Court of Appeals.
- Represented transit agency in breach of contract lawsuit against equipment supplier.
- Represented cable company owner in bad fath claim against business interruption insurer.
- Served as outside general counsel and defense counsel for vehicle service contract provider.
- Served as panel counsel for California Insurance Guarantee Association.
University of California, Los Angeles (BA 1988, magna cum laude)
University of California, Berkeley School of Law (JD 1992)
Associations & Admissions
California Bar Association (admitted 1992)
Contra Costa County Bar Association
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California