David J. Streza
David J. Streza has been practicing in California since 2000. Prior to joining Vogl Meredith Burke, Mr. Streza was a partner at a national firm comprised of over 700 attorneys. During his 17 years of practice, Mr. Streza has developed extensive experience representing individuals, insurance companies, private businesses and public entities in the defense and prosecution of complex civil litigation, including construction site accidents, premises liability cases, automobile/trucking accidents, habitability, and product liability litigation. Mr. Streza also has significant experience handling construction defect cases, in addition to insurance litigation.
- Mr. Streza has tried numerous cases to verdict/judgment in California Superior Courts including motor vehicle/trucking accident, personal injury, premises liabiilty, product liability and construction defect cases.
- Mr. Streza has successfully petitioned and argued before California’s First and Third Appellate District Courts of Appeal.
- Mr. Streza’s general liability practice includes the defense of catastrophic personal injury cases, including claims for wrongful death, quadriplegia, paraplegia, and traumatic brain injury.
- Mr. Streza defends individuals and businesses against claims for negligence and premises liability, and manufacturers and suppliers against product liability claims.
- Mr. Streza represents businesses, including general contractors and subcontractors, in personal injury cases as well as claims for construction defects.
- Mr. Streza’s practice has included the defense of bad faith actions, as well claims for breach of contract.
- California State University, Pomona (BA with honors, 1997)
- University of San Francisco (JD 2000)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
On March 6, 2020, Mr. Streza obtained a defense verdict (9-3) on behalf of Tutor Perini Corporation and the City and County of San Francisco in a premises liability action involving a catastrophic lower extremity injury which occurred in connection with San Francisco’s Central Subway Project. The plaintiff’s attorney was a finalist for the 2018 San Francisco Trial Lawyers’ Association Trial Lawyer of the Year Award and was also named a Northern California “Super Lawyer” for 5 consecutive years. Prior to trial, the plaintiff rejected a $264,000 offer of settlement. At trial, the plaintiff asked for over $2 million in damages.
In August 2017, Mr. Streza obtained a defense verdict (12-0) from a Tulare County Jury against a plaintiff truck driver who tripped and fell in a shipping and receiving yard, and claimed permanent injury to his ulnar nerve as a result of cutting open his hand during his fall.
After 4 days of trial in an admitted liability case arising out of a Safeway delivery truck which t-boned the plaintiff’s vehicle, the plaintiff accepted defendant’s pre-trial settlement offer following the cross-examination of plaintiff’s medical expert.
Mr. Streza obtained a defense verdict (11-1) from a San Francisco County Jury on behalf of Safeway against a plaintiff who slipped and fell in a Safeway store and suffered a neck injury requiring a three level cervical fusion.
Following a week long trial in San Mateo County, Mr. Streza obtained a $9,073,181.80 judgment against a property owner who did not have worker’s compensation insurance covering employees of his 166 acre horse ranch.