Samuel E. Meredith
Samuel E. Meredith, born on May 17, 1938, is a founding partner of the Vogl Merdith Burke LLP law firm in San Francisco. Mr. Meredith has served as the lead trial counsel for numerous high profile general liability, asbestos, and insurance cases. During his career as an attorney, Mr. Meredith tried in excess of 175 cases to verdict in California Courts. Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Meredith had significant relevant experience while working as an Adjustor, Claims Examiner, and Claims Supervisor for several large insurance companies.
- Mr. Merdith has tried over 100 cases to verdict in California Superior Courts.
- Mr. Meredith has tried approximately 75 Municipal and Superior Court non-jury cases, including declaratory relief, subrogation and other types of insurance cases.
- Mr. Meredith has served as an Arbitrator for the San Francisco Superior Court.
- Mr. Meredith has extensive workers’ compensation experience, and has acted as Amicus Curiae for the California Workers’ Compensation Institute.
- Mr. Meredith has argued 6 cases before the California Supreme Court.
- Mr. Meredith has argued approximately 35 cases in both the California Court of Appeal and the U.S. Appellate Court.
- Dickinson College (AB 1960)
- Golden Gate University School of Law (JD 1967)
Associations & Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Court of Appeal
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)