David J. Streza
David J. Streza was born in Downey, California, March 20, 1974.
Prior to joining Vogl Meredith Burke, Mr. Streza was a partner at a national firm comprised of over 700 attorneys. During his 15 years of practice, Mr. Streza has developed extensive experience representing individuals, insurance companies, private businesses and public entities in the defense and prosecution of complex civil litigation, including construction site accidents, premises liability cases, automobile/trucking accidents, and product liability litigation. Mr. Streza also has significant experience handling construction defect cases, in addition to insurance litigation and labor and employment matters.
- Mr. Streza has tried numerous cases to verdict/judgment in California Superior Courts including motor vehicle/trucking accident, personal injury, slip and fall, product liability and construction defect cases.
- Mr. Streza has successfully petitioned and argued before California’s First and Third Appellate District Courts of Appeal.
- Mr. Streza’s general liability practice includes the defense of catastrophic personal injury cases, including claims for wrongful death, quadriplegia, paraplegia, and traumatic brain injury.
- Mr. Streza defends individuals and businesses against claims for negligence and premises liability, and manufacturers and suppliers against product liability claims.
- Mr. Streza represents general contractors and subcontractors in personal injury cases as well as claims for construction defects.
- Mr. Streza’s practice includes the defense of bad faith actions, as well claims for breach of contract.
- California State University, Pomona (BA with honors, 1997)
- University of San Francisco (JD 2000)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Following a week long trial in San Mateo County, Mr. Streza obtained a $9,073,181.80 award against a property owner who did not have worker’s compensation insurance covering employees of his 166 acre horse ranch.
Mr. Streza obtained a defense verdict (11-1) from a San Francisco County Jury on behalf of Safeway Inc. against a plaintiff who slipped and fell in a Safeway store and suffered a neck injury requiring a three level cervical fusion.