David A. Firestone (Ret.)
David A. Firestone has more than 38 years of experience in civil litigation, including personal injury, professional liability, products liability, construction injury, environmental and toxic tort, employment, and insurance coverage and bad faith cases. He has served as national coordinating counsel for a large multiline insurance brokerage. He has been a lecturer on insurance litigation in California and recent developments in California insurance law for the Claims Conference of Northern California and the National Business Institute. Additionally, he has been a panelist on Cumis issues for the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada. Mr. Firestone has also lectured on the professional liability exposures of insurance agents and brokers. Between college and law school, he served as an officer in the United States Army, including a tour of duty in Vietnam.
- Mr. Firestone has tried numerous cases in various California Superior Courts and the Northern and Central Districts of the United States District Court, including personal injury, products liability, wrongful termination, employment discrimination, insurance coverage, and insurance bad faith matters.
- Mr. Firestone has successfully arbitrated and mediated hundreds of cases in State and Federal Courts.
- Mr. Firestone has argued before the California Supreme Court and the First, Second, Third, Fourth, and Sixth Appellate District Courts of Appeal.
- Mr. Firestone’s general liability practice includes the defense of catastrophic personal injury cases, including claims for wrongful death, quadriplegia, paraplegia, and traumatic brain injury.
- Mr. Firestone represents various product manufacturers and suppliers in the stream of commerce against product liability claims.
- Mr. Firestone represents both general contractors and subcontractors in cases involving claims of construction defect.
- University of Nevada (BA 1968)
- University of San Francisco (JD 1974)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California.
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- “Actions Against Agents and Brokers,” California Liability Insurance Practice: Claims and Litigation, California Continuing Education of the Bar, 1991.